How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is more than just ”zapping” unwanted hair. It is a medical skin treatment procedure that requires training to perform and carries potential risks. There are some precautions or preparations needed before and after laser hair removal treatment. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you find the best Skin Specialist in Delhi (or elsewhere) if you are planning on getting this treatment.
Before getting laser hair removal, you should thoroughly check the credentials of the doctor or technician performing the procedure. It is also important to choose a clinic for laser hair removal near you so that in case of an emergency, you can go there without delay.
Just before the procedure, your hair that will be undergoing treatment will be trimmed to a few millimetres above the skin surface. The laser equipment will be adjusted according to the colour, thickness, and location of your hair being treated as well as your skin colour.
More than considering the cost of laser treatment, it is important to keep the following points in mind before your laser hair removal appointment:
1. If you are planning on undergoing laser hair removal, you should limit plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That’s because the laser targets the hairs’ roots, which are temporarily removed by waxing or plucking.
2. You should also avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and makes complications after treatment more likely.
3. Depending on the laser or light source used, you and the technician will need to wear appropriate eye protection. It will also be necessary to protect the outer layers of your skin with a cold gel or special cooling device. This will help the laser light penetrate the skin.
4. Next, the technician will give a pulse of light to the treatment area and watch the area for several minutes to make sure the best settings were used and to check for bad reactions.
5. When the procedure is completed, you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water to ease any discomfort. You may schedule your next treatment four to six weeks later. You’ll get treatments until hair stops growing.
6. For a day or two afterward, the treated area of your skin will look and feel like it’s sunburned. Cool compresses and moisturizers may help. If your face was treated, you can wear makeup the next day unless your skin is blistering.
7. Over the next month, your treated hair will fall out. Wear sunscreen for the following month to help prevent temporary changes in the colour of the treated skin.
8. Blisters are rare but are more likely in people with darker complexions. Other potential side effects are swelling, redness, and scarring. Permanent scarring or changes in skin colour are rare.
Laser hair removal can help get rid of unwanted hair from the face, leg, arm, underarm, bikini line, and almost all other body parts. It is important to know how to prepare for laser hair removal.
#laserhairremoval #smoothskin #hairremoval #DrJangid #SkinQure