One of the best things about summer is the bounty of fresh and crunchy fruits and vegetables and flavoursome herbs. If one thinks about it, all of these fruits (such as watermelons, mangoes etc) and vegetables (gourds, salads, cucumbers etc) and herbs (mint, coriander, thyme etc) have a lot of water content that provides good amount of hydration to the skin and also loaded with antioxidants that protect the skin.
While there are always dermatological treatments to help you get the glow and radiance on your skin, it is always advisable to opt for a natural way to keep your skin healthy. After all, it is true that you are what you eat. So here are some fresh fruits and vegetables that you must include in your summer diet, to stay healthy and look beautiful and radiant.
1. Tomatoes are filled with antioxidants like vitamin C and lycopene will help contribute good health and skin.
2. Watermelon: is high on water and helps in keeping hydration high! It also contains lycopene which helps protect skin cells from sun damage. Watermelon is a good source of pectin. Hence the fruit can easily be made into jams, jellies and marmalades.
The inner portion of the dark coloured water melon seeds are parched and eaten. The seeds are considered to have a cooling effect.
3. Zucchini is essentially 94 % water! This makes it a perfect vegetable for summer. It’s a high source of antioxidants like vitamin C, helps to boost immune system, helps in skin and eye care. It is also anti inflammatory and helps flush out toxins that could cause pimples and acne.
4. Oranges are a great source of Vitamin C that prevent the free radical damage on the skin. They are also helpful in fighting signs of ageing. The fibre helps cleanse the system from within and this brings glow to the skin. Oranges also help in hydration.
5. Berries being high in antioxidants again help the skin in summer by reducing free radicals.
6. Leafy veggies like spinach are high in moisture and water content and also antioxidants that guard the skin against pollution-related damage.
Make sure you include the fresh bounty of the summer in your diet. This will not only keep you healthy, but will also keep your skin refreshed and glowing from within. And that detox-ed, clean glow will certainly reflect on your face.